Job Announcement: Opening for Director (Executive Level) at the APEC Climate Cen
The APEC Climate Center (APCC), located in Busan, Korea, is looking for highly motivated Director (Executive Level) who will act as the Head of the Center. The Director reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As the Head of the Center, develop an operational plan suitable for the mission of APCC which incorporates goals and missions that work towards the strategic direction of the Center
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Center’s research, projects, and activities
- Work in conjunction with the Board of Trustees in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the Center
- Advocate for the Center’s as a strategic international and regional organization and leader of climate prediction in the Asia-Pacific region
- Represent APCC as the senior liaison in dealing with public institutions, governments, media and other organizations
- Align and link the Center’s work to funding agencies’ policy priorities such as Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA), etc.
- Postgraduate degree (Doctorate or equivalent) from a recognized university in the field of Climate Science, Environmental Management, Natural Resource Management, Public Relations, Public Policy, Development Studies, or a related field
- Must have significant senior-level experience in directing medium or large-sized projects or organizations, preferably with experience in the public sector or with a non-profit organization, as well as experience in working with senior-level officials and developing relations with regional bodies or international organizations such as GGGI, the World Bank, ADB, WMO, etc.
- Experience in raising the profile and/or increasing the reputation of an organization through the use of public and government relations, communications and networking
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams and managing human and financial resources
- Excellent communication skills, writing and speaking in English
BENEFITS: Partial coverage of health and other insurance (according to Korean law), support for relocation to and housing in Busan, severance pay, performance-based incentives, and more.
TO APPLY: Submit a (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) cover letter (3) management plan proposal to Mr. Seungwon Chung (email@example.com) by 1 February 2013. The management plan proposal should be a 3-4 pages document outlining your strategic vision for managing APCC. For more information, please contact Mr. Seungwon Chung (firstname.lastname@example.org).