The APEC Climate Center (APCC), located in Busan, Korea, is looking for motivated expert for the areas described below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
a. Program Management
- He or she will report to the Director of APCC, working in close consultation with division heads and senior research scientists;
- Plan an overall events strategy including international symposia, workshops and seminars;
- Manage and organize international programs and written outputs, e.g. project proposals, draft background papers, analyses, and other publications;
- Manage international programs and contribute to international fundraising efforts; and
- Liaise with key industry stakeholders at various social events or conferences and attend relevant meetings.
b. Networking and communications with APEC and international stakeholders
- He or she will participate in regular coordination and information exchange with Science Advisory Committee members, Working Group members, and international agencies, as well as counterparts in APEC member economies, on regional issues;
- Build and maintain key strategic relationships with international organizations, government agencies in APEC member economies and APCC
- Represent and attend international forums on behalf of APCC and meetings, as appropriate.
c. Public relations
- Design and manage content for the APCC website
- Oversee APCC’s online strategy, including through the website & new media
- Manage and build APCC’s relationship with journalists and media
- Bachelor’s degree in Climate Science, Meteorology, Environmental Management, Natural Resource Management, Public Relations, Public Policy, Development Studies, or a related field (Ph.D. in Meteorology or Climate Science preferred)
- More than 5 years’ progressive work experience in a relevant field (Experience working in international organizations preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, writing and speaking in English
- Ability to prepare, execute, and report on large-scale projects, training events and networking activities independently
- High level of social skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment, confident presentation skills
- Experience in administrative and logistical support for projects and events
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Partial coverage of health and other insurance (according to Korean law), support for relocation to Busan, severance pay, performance-based incentives, and more.
Submit the application form (available for download at http://www.apcc21.org/eng/notice/opp/japcc0503_lst.jsp) with a cover letter, a Curriculum Vitae, degree certificates, transcripts and two letters of recommendation to Mr. Seungwon Chung (email@example.com) by 30 June 2014. For more information, please contact Mr. Seungwon Chung (firstname.lastname@example.org).
the full announcements are available on the APCC website (http://www.apcc21.org/eng/notice/opp/japcc0503_lst.jsp)